Accidents happen, but it’s good to know you have a friendly and knowledgeable luthier in the neighborhood.
Bring us your damaged instrument and in most cases, we will be able to fix it.
No job too small or too big, from changing strings to resetting the neck on an upright bass!
Please contact us for an estimate or just come by with your instrument so we can help you with your music instrument repair.
Most Common Repair Prices
String change (6 String Guitar, Violin, Ukulele, Bass) $25 (plus cost of strings)
Special Instrument String Change (Classical and 12 String Guitar, Banjo, Mandolin, Bouzouki $35 (plus cost of strings)
Instrument set-up $50
Banjo head change $55
Penny Lane Music Emporium – Instrument Set-Up
- Truss Rod Adjustment– A truss rod is found in the neck of most acoustic and electric guitars. Adjusting its tension will raise or lower the action of the guitar if necessary. This affects the distance between the strings and the neck
- Saddle Height Adjustment- Adjusting a guitar saddle affects the action of the guitar. The saddle is raised or lowered to effect the distance between the strings and neck, eliminating fret buzz.
- Check the Nut Height-Can be shaped to raise or lower action.
- Electronics Check-A good setup includes checking a guitar’s electronics. For amplified acoustics as well as electrics with active pickups, this means a battery check (cost of new battery not included). Switches are inspected to insure there is no interference or crackling
- String Change- A guitar set up includes a string change (cost of new set of strings not included)
- Tuning Machine check- Ensuring the tuning machines are properly adjusted and lubricated.
- Clean and Polish frets- After cleaning and polishing frets the guitar will play smoother, and feel more like new. Fretboard oil is also applied to the guitar fretboard.
- Inspect for Structural Problems- A basic check is performed for cracks, or loose joint or squeaky braces.
- Adjust the Pickup Height- if necessary the pick up height can be raised or lowered on an electric guitar to affect the instruments playability.
- Intonation inspection- to insure a guitars pitches are correct throughout every fret.
- Clean and Polish-The finishing touch! A cleaned and polish guitar just begs to be picked up and played, and that’s what it’s all about!