Myrtle has the most classic vintage styling of any of our mics, with a design pedigree straight from the 1930s. Her sound, however, is a wonder of modern acoustic design that thrives in current stage environments. She takes the warm, detailed sound and astonishing feedback rejection of Edwina, and adds a low end tuned for accurately capturing acoustic instruments from any distance. Her sweet spot extends from 6 inches out. And she has the low noise and natural clarity to work wonderfully in the studio as well. Large-diaphragm condenser microphone with spring-suspended retro styling. Ideal for live vocal performance use, or single-micing small acoustic ensembles.
We inspect each an every instrument we ship out for maximum playability. We adjust the action and adjust intonation when needed. If you would like a specific adjustment, just add it to your order notes and we would be happy to adjust to your liking.
- Hand-made microphone with unique appearance
- Internal shock dampers for minimal handling noise
- Integral silk and mesh pop filter, for effective control of plosives without loss of clarity
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Large (26 Mm) Diaphragm
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 – 15K Hz (-3Db)
- Sensitivity: -38.6Db (12 Mv/Pa)
- Output Impedance: <50 Ohm
- Noise Level (A-Weighted): <17 Dba
- Power Requirement: +48V Phantom Power
- Weight: 1 Lb (6.1 Lbs Cased)
- Dimensions: 12” X 6 1/2” X 1 3/4”; Head Is 3” In Diameter
- Sku: Etl-Myrtle
- Includes Metal tool case with foam padding, 15″ x 10″ x 4 1/2″
- Includes Mic clip
Important information if shipping outside of the USA:
Please note: To help insure the future availability of certain materials used in the construction of this instrument, additional fees and/or documentation may be required when shipping this item outside of the USA. This is due to the CITES treaty, which regulates international trade of certain materials like rosewood, abalone, and pearl. If you purchase this item to be shipped outside of the USA, we’ll determine whether the regulations apply to your order, and will contact you with more information if necessary